Joe's Air Blog

An occasional Brain Dump, from the creator of Joe's SeaBlog

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Case in Point

As I opined previously, the conservative argument against "Public" healthcare coverage, that "it would put a government bureaucrat between you and your doctorm," is a non-starter when you consider that currently there is an insurance company bureaucrat standing between you and your doctor. Case in point: I went to the dentist this morning. Both the dentist and I agree that, because I am a pretty strong night-grinder, I could benefit from wearing a guard at night. When this idea was submitted to the insurance company, however, someone there decided that I did not need a night guard. Now I have to make phone calls to try to convince them otherwise.

Bureaucracy is already rampant in the system. Let's make the changes needed to reduce costs and cover everybody. Whining about potential red tape doesn't address anything.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home